Raffaele Vecchione, chairman and editor of WinesCritic.com, awarded three different vintages of our reds!
On WinesCritic.com you can read:
- Marchesale 2019, 96 points: “Spacious in its clear and captivating sensory profile, this Bolgheri Superiore shows energy and character in the notes of lavender, plums, wild violet, hibiscus flowers, lime, lemon peel and pink grapefruit. Full body, very soft tannins with very fine grain and a finish rich in gracefulness and positivity. Better from 2025.”;
- Maurizio Fuselli 2019, 95 points: “An intriguing and bold wine shines in the glass rich in matter that is told with energy and a remarkable sensorial profile. The notes of black cherries, sour cherries and wild strawberries blend well with nuances of chinotto and laurel. Full body, very smooth tannins perfectly fused in the matrix and a. spicy finish of remarkable beauty. Better from 2025.”;
- Aldone 2019, 92 points: “Juicy and modern, it shows many flowers on the nose that are reminiscent of rose petals, hibiscus, magnolias, gardenias and lemon flowers. In the background many black olives describe the secondary profile recalling a pleasant and controlled oxidation of the matrix. Medium body, soft tannins and a good relaxing finish. Drink now.”;
- Franchesato 2019, 92 points: “Lavender, plums, hibiscus flowers and guarana describe the main profile of this young IGT, blending well with nuances of pink grapefruit. Full body, very smooth tannins and a finish of good relaxation. Drink now.”;
- Inedito 2021, 91 points: “In the primary profile, memories of red plums and crunchy cherries are enhanced. In the background, hibiscus and agapanthus flowers but also spices such as black pepper and juniper. On the palate, medium-full body, round tannins and a luminous finish. Drink now or get old.”;
- Emilio Primo Rosso 2020, 90 points: “Expressive and rich in matter, it shows notes of wild violet, cedar in pieces, guarana and nutmeg. Medium-full body, very soft and well-polished tannins and a finish of remarkable balance and length. Drink now.”.
Click here to discover the entire article dedicated to the reds of Bolgheri!