The food and wine magazine Falstaff, one of the most illustrious companies in German Europe, has chosen to award five of our wines that have distinguished themselves for their qualitative excellence at an international level on the occasion of the Küste Toskana Trophy 2021.
In particular, we received:
- Aldone 2018 – 93 points: “Rich ruby red. On the nose dried figs, milk chocolate, light malt, blackberries in the background. Densely intertwined with rich fruit on the palate, opens compact and precise, has a nice aftertaste of juice, great length and finesse “(Trad.);
- Maurizio Fuselli 2018 – 92 points: “Intense, brilliant ruby red. On the nose dark berries, black currant, blackberry, sloes, but also yellow paprika and pepper. In the mouth it is spicy at the beginning, with consistent tannins, it presents itself with power and tension, juicy in the course, shows character, extremely complex in the finish “(Trad.);
- Marchesale 2018 – 92 points: “Intense dark garnet red with an almost black core. Finely spiced start of pepper and verbena, hint of blood orange, slightly clayey in the background. Compact at first taste, spreads in the mouth, enveloping tannins, lots of structure , on the palate it lasts for a long time “(Trad.);
- Emilio Primo Rosso 2019 – 91 points: “Bright garnet red. Widely floral in the perfume, violets, then black elderberries, fresh cassis, tomato leaves in the aftertaste. In the mouth it spreads, fine tannin, drying, with light pressure , of good length, scattered in the finish, still very young “(Trad.);
- Tarabuso 2018 – 90 points: “Intense rust red with a dark core. Finely drawn scent of black currant, fresh plum and some rose hips, then small mustard seeds and leather. Juicy entry on the palate with animating acidity, well integrated tannins, with fine pressure, straight course, ending on bittersweet roasting aromas “(Trad.).
We thank the sommeliers Othmar Kiem and Simon Staffler for tasting our wines.