James Suckling, internationally renowned wine critic, rewards our superior wines. The ratings, reported on jamessuckling.com, cite:
- Maurizio Fuselli 2018, 93 points: “Rather deep nose, with a beautiful and original layer of black earth on blackberries, dark plums, rust, dried herbs, baked spices and bark. Full-bodied with a fleshy medium palate, rounded off by fine-grained tannins. Fruity and structured, with a decisive but smooth finish. Very solid, with an essential sensation to the fruit stone. Drink or hold”;
- Aldone 2018, 93 points: “A deep nose with black cherries, plums, black earth, dark chilli chocolate and baked spices. A full-bodied red with a sip of juicy berries that bring the fine, silky tannins to a long, savory finish. Long and structured. Drink or hold”;
- Franchesato 2018, 92 points: “Dark plums, dark cherries, red chili peppers, cloves and dried leaves on the nose. Medium-to full-bodied with structured tannins and mellow, but fresh acidity. Still very tight and powerful even though the tannins are fine-grained and smooth. Drink from 2023“;
- Marchesale 2018, 93 points: “Dark berries, currants, fresh plums, dried thyme and a hint of tomato leaf and cumin on the nose. It’s medium- to full-bodied with fine, yet firm tannins giving it a tight structure through to a flavorful finish. Drink or hold“;
- Tarabuso 2018, 93 points: “Attractive notes of cherries and redcurrants with dried herbs, dried orange peel, walnut and crushed stones. Medium-bodied with fine, chalky tannins and lively acidity. Fresh and savory character with dry, mineral finish. Drink or hold”.
These are not our only wines that have received a James Suckling award: click here to discover them all!